LGBT+ Labour is seeking a part-time Campaign Assistant to assist the Officers and National Committee with the management of LGBT+ Labour, provide administrative, organisational, fundraising and campaign support to the campaign, and to ensure it runs as an effective membership organisation.
Hours: Part-time (approx. 28 hours per month, 10 hours guaranteed)
Pay: £12ph + holiday pay
Place of work: Most work will be done remotely, other than attending National Committee meetings, the AGM in London, and possibly Labour Party Conference.
• Assisting LGBT+ Labour’s Officers with the day-to-day management of the campaign and liaising with them as necessary;
• Leading or assisting with projects set by the Officers;
• Supporting regional/national groups and caucus groups to hold events;
• Organising and minuting various LGBT+ Labour meetings including National
Committee meetings and the AGM;
• Co-ordinate and organise events, including for Labour Party Conference;
• Service the LGBT+ Labour membership, including responding to correspondence;
• Drafting the communications of the campaign;
• Co-ordinating and updating the campaign’s online assets, including website and social media;
• Assisting with LGBT+ Labour’s presence at Prides across the UK;
• Liaison with other stakeholders including international affiliates, socialist societies and the Labour Party;
• Managing the CRM system;
• Managing the campaign’s online shop;
• Assisting with fundraising;
• Other related tasks as may be requested by the Officers or the National Committee.
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative;
• Good administrative, organisational and IT skills;
• Ability to prioritise competing tasks and manage a significant workload;
• Knowledge of politics and Labour Party;
• Experience in LGBT+ issues;
• Commitment to the aims, objectives and values of LGBT+ Labour.
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience of organising and managing events;
• Experience of working with MPs;
• Experience of website maintenance and social media work;
• Experience of working with a membership organisation;
• Experience of using Nationbuilder;
• Networks within the Labour Party.
Closing date: Friday 8th October, 5pm.
Interviews: Held between Monday 11th October and Friday 19th October, on Zoom, in the evening.
To apply please submit a one page cover letter and maximum two page CV in PDF format to Joe Vinson, National Secretary, by email to [email protected]
We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.